Upcoming Clinic Dates
2013 WINTER SUNDAY PITCHING
Session 1: Jan 6, 13, 20, 27 - click here to register
Session 2: Feb 3, 10, 24 and Mar 3 - click here to register
Session 3: Mar 10, 17, 24, April 7 (no class 3/31 Easter) - click here to register
Member Special - see below!
REGISTRATION COST PER CLASS: $80 members; $100 non-members; $200 - all 3 sessions (Must be member -see details in red below)
12 noon - 1 pm; ages 7-9
Pitchers will learn the correct fundamentals of windmill pitching. Players will be taught how to pitch to the 4 corners. The clinic will focus on how to grip and snap the fastball correctly, correct arm circle and drills to strengthen and improve arm speed, improving balance and explosion in the pitching motion to improve accuracy, how to maximize leg drive and hip strength to improve speed, Radar Gun will be used to check speed on the Fastball.
2:00-3:00 pm; ages 10-12
4:15-5:15 pm; ages 12-14
Pitchers will learn the correct fundamentals of windmill pitching. Players will be taught to pitch to the 4 corners. Change-up will be introduced to players that can successfully throw to the 4 corners. The radar gun and rev fire spin trainer will be used during clinic. This clinic will focus on 2 and 4 seam fastball grips as well as drills to improve arm circle speed/mechanics, to improve balance & explosion in the pitching motion, and to increase leg strength that will maximize leg drive.
***Member Only Special*** This class will run consecutively January through March (session dates below). Sign up for all 3 Sunday sessions for only $200 (payment for all three classes must be made by 1/6 in order to receive discount).
2013 WINTER THURSDAY PITCHING
Session 1: Jan 3, 10, 17, 24 - click here to register
Session 2: Jan 31 and Feb 7, 14, 28 - click here to register
Session 3: Mar 7, 14, 21, 28 - click here to register
TIMES: 6 - 7 pm
COST: $80 member; $100 non-member
Member Only Special - $200 for all 3 sessions (see dates below)
LOCATION: USA ELITE TRAINING, 280 Schoolhouse Rd Unit D Cheshire CT 06410
The class will focus on:
- How to grip and snap the fastball correctly
- The correct arm circle and drills to strengthen and improve arm speed
- To improve balance and explosion in the pitching motion to improve accuracy
- How to maximize leg drive and hip strength to improve speed
- The Radar Gun will be used to check speed on the Fastball
- Players will be taught how to throw to pitch to locoations and throw to the 4 corners.
IMPORTANT: We are unable to provide make-ups for missed classes unless we are forced to cancel due to weather conditions. Please be sure that all dates in each session work on your schedule before registering. Any weather related cancellations/reschedules will be communicated to you via email and a recorded message on our phone machine (860-349-1771).
2013 Tuesday Night Pitching Classes
USA Elite Training and Virtual Softball Academy Pitching Program
“Only serious players should join”
Session 1: January 15, 22, 29 and February 5- click here to register
(there will be 2 subsequent sessions - Session 2: February 12, 19, 26 and March 5 and Session 3: March 12, 19, 26 and April 2)
Time: 6 - 7 pm
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN LOCATION! We will be in our new facility at 280 Schoolhouse Road in Cheshire
Age Group: Travel Ball Players Ages 11 - 14 or Players Must be pre-approved for program
Registration Fee Per Session: Member $130 / Non-member $150
Member Only Special - $360 for all 3 sessions
(please note - member price is avail to those players who currently hold memberships to USA Elite Training, for info on memberships, please call our facility)
Limited Enrollment (class limited to 10 Players)
This clinic is designed for players who are looking for an intense workout. This clinic will include the use of video to improve pitching mechanics and also includes 1 Video pitch Analyses in which players will view their pitching motion on Virtual Softball Academy Webpage. The emphasis of this class will be on improving arm speed, balance, and explosion, as well as maximizing leg drive and hip strength. The radar gun will be used to check the speed of the fastball and the rev fire will be utilized to measure spin rotation. Pitchers will work on learning how to set batters up to be successful in games.
7 day notice required for refund.No make-ups for illness.Medical Injuries with a Doctor's note
- The Hapanowicz training program has been producing successful pitchers for the past 16 years. Get your player the correct fundamentals of windmill pitching now before incorrect habits are created.
- USA Elite Training offers 4 week classes for ages 8 to 14 from September to April at our indoor training center. The clinics are broken by age groups 8 to 10 and 11 to 14. The clinics student to instructor ratio does not exceed 1 to 6.
areas of Training
The clinics will focus on teaching the players:
- How to grip and snap the fastball correctly.
- The correct arm circle and drills to strengthen and improve arm speed.
- To improve our balance and explosion in the pitching motion to improve accuracy.
- How to maximize our leg drive and hip strength to create speed.
- The Radar gun will be used to check speed on the fastball.
- The Rev Fire Trainer will be used to check spin rotation.
- Incorporating strength drills into clinics that will improve a pitcher’s strength.
- Once correct Fastball mechanics are achieved the change up will be introduced.